Tuesday, January 17, 2006

is it worth to experience "humanity"?

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
- Horace Walpole

I would like to add: "a tragedy worth feeling and a comedy worth thinking". But there are times like these, in which my everlasting optimism for the ideals that sparkle in my dreams tends to diffuse, that seem to demonstrate that "humanity" is simply something too complex to translate into "thinkable material". It is like an everlasting spiral in which the same patterns repeat themselves, at least in essence, over and over again. In fact, reason dillutes into nothingness, and the attempt to appeal to it each time that conflict arises ends as failure. No argument can be judged definitely. Almost everything is impregnated with prejudice, self-interest, lack of perspective. What have I to learn from this dissapointment? How can I remain amused?

I miss the teachings of the mountains.

Boquerón
(View at Boquerón, Tolima, Colombia: 09.01.2005)


currently hearing: Paradise City (remembering pi)